Saturday, September 13, 2008

bled

Somewhere out there there's a thrill I swear.
Desperate as I am I just can't strip bare &
bleed the only purity I've known.

But I lay with reason.
Found logic conceived in a walk with skin.
I sleep with reason producing these monsters.

Life is lowly anonymity,
in death a noble pose,
a Marat David.
Tell me, who wouldn't give
their lives for such a soap box
to die behind.

Life is lowly, lowly anonymity.

In the space of a smile,
I found sleep.
As in sorrow,
so shall ye reap,
as in reason so shall ye sleep.

Reap the promised end to the struggle.
Reap every point on our linear path.
Reap the smiles in time we borrow,
every harvest relies on the last.

But I witnessed in all this silence
one souls definition of beauty.
& a backlit smile so temporary.
A facade so rich with evil history.
Cast in direct opposition set to o
verwhelm this moment to shine and sleep-
came out on top of what was borrowed,
& found all that beauty to be still.

Every breath as in sorrow,
reap the promised end to this path,
by every image that we borrow,
every harvest depends on the past.

I know its all been done before,
I want to do it again.
I want do it again.
Kill the switch.
This night our journey's through the dark.
Kill the switch,
a welcome comatose,
tonight we journey through the darkness.

As in sorrow,
so shall ye weep,
as in reason,
so shall ye sleep.

No comments: